- Personalization refers to the ability to declaratively alter the UI to suit user or business needs.
- Extensibility refers to the ability to programmatically extend an application's functionality.
Personalization, declaratively tailoring the user interface (UI) look-and-feel, layout or visibility of page content to suite a business need or a user preference. Personalization examples:
• Tailor the color scheme of the UI.
• Tailor the order in which table columns are displayed.
• Tailor a query result.
Extensibility, extending the functionality of an application, beyond what can be done through personalization. Extensibility examples:
• Add new functional flows.
• Extend or override existing functional flows.
• Extend or override existing business logic.